(719) 632-2776

Lt. Marion l. willis

If you are a Veteran in need of immediate assistance, our V.F.W. Post 101 Service Officer is here to help you. Feel free to call or email.

The VFW maintains a network of volunteer Service Officers that begins at the post level. The Service Officer's primary responsibility is to assist and educate members of the post about federal and state benefits earned through their military service. The Service Officer is the go-to person for information and assistance, with resources available concerning your benefits.

Our Service Officer, Tony Archer, is happy to help you get in touch with the right contacts to get started on your claims process.

Phone: 719-632-2776
E-Mail: serviceofficer@vfwpost101.org

In order to set up a "safety net" for health care, we urge all Veterans to go to the Colorado Springs VA Clinic and apply. You will need a copy of your DD 214 or retirement orders and fill out the application paperwork.

For those service members returning as OIF/OND/OEF Veterans, please report to the VA Clinic ASAP. You have 5 years free medical care from the time you return. All you need is a DD 214 or orders showing you were deployed.

The Denver VA Clinic now has a Walk-in DBW Clinic

From the VA: "We are excited to announce the Denver RO Walk-In Disability Questionnaire Clinic starting May 8, 2014. The clinic is open every Thursday from 9:00am to 3:00pm." Click the DBW Clinic Flyer button for more info.

Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program

If you are a Veteran in need of help, call 1-877-424-3838 (4AIDVET) or click on FY 2013 SSVF Providers. This page is designed to provide information about the SSVF Program to Veterans, applicants, and interested stakeholders.

On this page you will find the Final Rule, the most recent Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA), application templates, the SSVF Program Guide, as well as a list of current SSVF Providers and other useful information.


Veteran Service Officer